Home Remedies for the Flu/ colds
When you start to feel an illness coming on there are several different remedies you can try to hasten your recovery.
- When the cold first comes on- take note of your detox pathways (urinating, defecating, and sweating) Which one seems sluggish? Address this and mucus may stop building up.
- Drink plenty of fluids- Aim to drink at least half of your body weight in water, Dehydration make all symptoms worse
- Eat healthy foods- lots of fruits and vegetable, soup broths These are easy to digest and high in nutrients.
- No sugar no alcohol, no processed foods
- Vitamin C about 1gm per hour
- Vitamin D about 5,000-10,000iu per hours
- Zinc lozenges These will speed up your healing by 300%
- Probiotics increased dose, 80% of your immune system is in your gut
- Antivirals and antibacterial Oil of oregano, colloidal silver, or garlic
- Essential oils
- 8 drops oregano, 2 drops cinnamon, 3 drops frankincense take BID
- Gargle with 1 drop oregano, 1 drop cinnamon and 2 drops lemon
- Prevention- diffuse- 2 drops cinnamon and 2 drops eucalyptuses
- Warms baths- with Epson salts, magnesium flakes, or mustard bath,or clay
- Rest- and de stress your life